Habarisoft released the first preview snapshot release of its Delphi and Free Pascal Habari Client library for the popular Apache ActiveMQ open source message broker. The snapshot release is available for download by registered users.
- if no protocol version is specified in the connection URI, the library uses STOMP 1.2 instead of STOMP 1.0 by default
- in the API documentation, asynchronous message delivery methods (IMessageListener / TBTStompReadThread based) are now tagged as deprecated – it is recommended to use the synchronous Receive methods
- moved broker-spcific constant declarations to BTBrokerConsts unit, removed ActiveMQTypes and BTBrokerConst units
- fixed a compiler warning in BTStompClient unit
- fixed unit tests and interface documentation
- HabariChat application uses SLF4P for logging to a console window when run in DEBUG mode
This release has been tested with Apache ActiveMQ 5.14.5.
About Habari Client libraries
Habari Client libraries enable Object Pascal applications to take advantage of message broker / message queue technology – which is distributed, loosely coupled, reliable and asynchronous – to build integrated systems, using peer-to-peer and publish-subscribe communication models. Habari Client libraries are also available for the free open source message brokers Apache ActiveMQ Artemis, Open MQ and RabbitMQ.
About the Apache ActiveMQ free open source message broker
Apache ActiveMQ™ is a popular and powerful open source messaging and Integration Patterns server. Apache ActiveMQ is fast, supports many Cross Language Clients and Protocols, comes with easy to use Enterprise Integration Patterns and many advanced features while fully supporting JMS 1.1 and J2EE 1.4. Apache ActiveMQ is released under the Apache 2.0 License.