New simple API
The new API in Habari Client libraries 6.0 is based on three new interfaces which reduce the amount of client code:
For more details and code, please read https://habarisoft.wordpress.com/2018/05/16/habari-client-libraries-6-0-preview-new-api/
Potentially breaking changes
- Asynchronous message receive is no longer supported, the IMessageListener interface has been removed. This reduces the client library size as no reader thread code is needed anymore.
- Removed old low-level logging code (HABARI_RAW_TRACE), instead, new Indy-based communication log (HABARI_USE_INTERCEPT) can be used
- TBTMessageConsumer performs a check for matching consumer ID and throws an exception if an unexpected id is received
- New connection URL parameter “message.subscription_check=false” allows to subscribe from multiple destinations with a single consumer
- Intercept (HABARI_USE_INTERCEPT) log file name now includes a random value to avoid file in use errors
Beta version 6.0.b2 of Habari Client for ActiveMQ and Habari Client RabbitMQ is available now for download from the Habarisoft server for registered users:
Home page: https://www.habarisoft.com/index.html
Feature matrix: https://www.habarisoft.com/index.html#feature_matrix
About Habari Client libraries
Habari Client libraries enable Object Pascal applications to take advantage of message broker / message queue technology – which is distributed, loosely coupled, reliable and asynchronous – to build integrated systems, using peer-to-peer and publish-subscribe communication models.