Habarisoft released the first preview snapshot release of its Delphi and Free Pascal Habari Client library for the popular Apache ActiveMQ open source message broker. The snapshot release is available for download by registered users.
The RabbitMQ team announced the release of RabbitMQ 3.6.10. This release contains bug fixes and usability improvements. Binary and source distributions of the new release can be found on the downloads page, GitHub, Package Cloud, and Bintray. The RabbitMQ team encourages all users of earlier versions of RabbitMQ to upgrade to this latest release.
Blog post by Jamil Shamy, co-authored with Dan Buchko, about a project where potentially thousands of mobile phones were required to have their audio and video synchronized.
Habarisoft released new versions of Habari Client libraries for Delphi and Free Pascal application integration with popular free open source message brokers. This release has been tested with Apache ActiveMQ 5.14.5, Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.0, OpenMQ 5.1.1 and RabbitMQ 3.6.9. It contains enhancements and better test case organization of the included DUnit / FPCUnit test projects, which now prefer Stomp 1.2 over Stomp 1.0. It also introduces the IConnectionInfo interface, which returns broker version string and Stomp version of the current connection. Starting with this release, the library requires Delphi 2009 or Free Pascal 3.0.2 (or newer), it is not compatible with non-Unicode versions of Delphi. The internal version numbers of all client libraries in the 2017.04 release is 5.0.0.
Full release notes are available at https://www.habarisoft.com/releases/2017.04/
Habari Client libraries enable Object Pascal applications to take advantage of message broker / message queue technology – which is distributed, loosely coupled, reliable and asynchronous – to build integrated systems, using peer-to-peer and publish-subscribe communication models.
Apache ActiveMQ 5.14.5 includes several resolved issues and bug fixes.
The Apache Software Foundation released Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.0.
About Apache ActiveMQ Artemis:
The Apache ActiveMQ Artemis message broker includes AMQP protocol support, OpenWire support for ActiveMQ 5 clients, MQTT support, STOMP protocol support, HornetQ Core protocol support for HornetQ 2.4,2.5 clients, JMS 2.0 and 1.1 support.
Client library for Delphi and Free Pascal
Habari Client for Artemis is a library for Delphi and Free Pascal which provides access to the Apache ActiveMQ Artemis open source message broker. Habari Client libraries use STOMP for asynchronous communication and are available for six different message brokers.
- added logging of broker version string and Stomp protocol version number (requires slf4p logging)
- added logging of detected message type of incoming Stomp message (text, binary, object, map)
- added a check for unsupported character sets in the content-type header of incoming text messages
- added a DUnit/FPCUnit base test class which provides a parameter-compatible ExpectException method for FPCUnit and other utility methods
- added HABARI_USE_SYNAPSE switch to select Synapse as the default communication library in DUnit / FPCUnit tests instead of Indy
- uses STOMP 1.2 as default protocol version for DUnit and FPCUnit tests
- tested with Free Pascal 3.0.2 and RabbitMQ 3.6.9
- removed Free Pascal 2.6.* and non-Unicode Delphi support, code cleanup
Habari Client for RabbitMQ 5.0 Milestone 2 is available for registered users now. Habari Client libraries are also available for the free open source message brokers Apache ActiveMQ, Apache ActiveMQ Artemis and Open MQ.